On Thursday, May 25, 2017, the College will hold an election for social work members and social service work members in Electoral District No. 3 to stand for election to the College Council.Information on voting will be sent to members in District No. 3 by eBulletin.
Key facts – Electoral District No. 3
- Members from District No. 3 elect two social work councillors and two social service work councillors for three-year terms.
- Composed of the geographic area within the territorial boundaries of the Counties of Haliburton, Victoria, Peterborough, Northumberland and Simcoe, the Regional Municipalities of Durham, York and Peel and the City of Toronto.
Members will be able to vote online. The voting system is designed to be secure and to protect the confidentiality of members’ votes. It is one that has been used successfully by other Ontario regulatory colleges. An online election process improves efficiency and reduces the paper, printing and mailing costs associated with the election.
More information about Council
The Council is the governing body and board of directors that manages and administers College affairs. The Council is composed of:
- Seven social workers who are members of the College and who are elected by the members of the College in accordance with the bylaws.
- Seven social service workers who are members of the College and who are elected by the members of the College in accordance with the bylaws.
- Seven persons who are appointed by the Ontario Government.
Protection of the public
The College’s primary duty is to serve and protect the public interest while promoting the ethical and professional practice of the professions. At the same time, the College encourages a robust interactive relationship with members, stakeholders and the public. To steer and guide these processes, Council’s primary governance function is policy development. The policies developed by Council provide direction to the College and to staff.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Pat Lieberman at 416-972-9882 or 1-877-828-9380 ext. 207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.