Council meeting highlights for March 8, 2018.
- Shelley Hale, RSSW, President, provided her report to Council.
- Lise Betteridge, RSW, Registrar, and Laura Sheehan, Deputy Registrar, presented their report to Council. The report provided updates on the implementation of the amendments to the Registration Regulation; the upcoming Annual Meeting and Education Day (AMED); the success of the College’s Continuing Competence Program video resource; the continued increase in practice inquiries handled by the Professional Practice Department; the adoption of processes by the Complaints and Discipline Department in response to the Complaints Stakeholder Satisfaction Survey; upcoming Council elections in District No. 4; the appointment of the Honourable Minister Michael Coteau as Minister of Community and Social Services; membership and registration updates including a growing interest for registration in the new retired class of certificate of registration; and the College’s ongoing database upgrade.
- Council reviewed the Statement of Financial Position and Statement of Operations for December 2017.
- The Registrar provided an update regarding its submission to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services in response to proposed regulations under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017.
- The Registrar updated Council on the proclamation of the controlled act of psychotherapy and the College’s communication with members in relation to this change.
- The Registrar also gave an update on implementation of the amendments to the Registration Regulation.
- Reports were received from the following statutory committees: Executive; Complaints; Discipline; Fitness to Practise; and Registration Appeals.
- Reports were received from the following non-statutory committees: Standards of Practice; Election; Nominating; Finance; Governance; Corporations; and Titles and Designations.