With the new year just around the corner, the College would like to remind members that they are required to complete the 2020 Continuing Competence Program (CCP).
Participation in the CCP is a condition of registration and one of the ways that College members demonstrate their commitment to professional and ethical practice. All members (with the exception of those in the retired class of certificate of registration) are required to participate in the CCP; this includes those who are not currently practising, in the inactive class of certificate of registration, on maternity, parental or sick leave, or who registered late in the year.
The CCP is self-directed and a wide variety of learning activities can count towards the fulfillment of members’ learning goals, including the following:
- Review the Practice Notes
- Review the ETHICS->A: Ethical Decision-Making Tool
- Watch the “Supervision: The Cornerstone of Competence” webinar
- Watch the “Preparing for Private Practice” webinar
- Review the Practice Guidelines
- Watch Dr. Ramona Alaggia’s keynote address
- And much more on the College’s website and YouTube channel
As part of the 2020 CCP, College members are required to review (along with the Standards of Practice) the following resources:
- Practice Notes, “Cultural Humility: A Commitment to Lifelong Learning”
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples